Windows 8 & 10
Are you pulling your hair out with getting use to the new Windows 8 & 10?
The Start Menu is a clone of the original start menu, which you can find in all versions of Windows from 95 to Windows 7. It has a variety of advanced features:
- Drag and drop to let you organize your applications
- Options to show Favorites, expand Control Panel, etc
- Shows recently used documents. The number of documents to display is customizable
- Does not disable the original start menu in Windows. You can access it by Shift+Click on the start button
- Right-click on an item in the menu to delete, rename, sort, or perform other tasks
- The search box helps you find your programs without getting in the way of your keyboard shortcuts
- Supports jumplists for easy access to recent documents and common tasks
- Available for 32 and 64-bit operating systems
- Has support for skins, including additional 3rd party skins
- Fully customizable in both looks and functionality
- Support for Microsoft’s Active Accessibility
- Converts the “All Programs” button in the Windows menu into a cascading menu (Vista and Windows 7)
- Implements a customizable Start button (Windows 7 and 8)
- Can show, search and launch Windows Store apps (Windows 8)
- If you have used the start menu in older versions of Windows you’ll feel right at home:
- Pick from 8 default skins, download more from the Internet, or make your own!
- On Windows 8 you can customize the Start button:
Classic Explorer is a plugin for Windows Explorer that:
- Adds a toolbar to Explorer for some common operations (Go to parent folder, Cut, Copy, Paste, Delete, Properties, Email). The toolbar is fully customizable
- Replaces the copy UI in Vista and Windows 7 with the more user-friendly “classic” version similar to Windows XP
- Handles Alt+Enter in the folder panel of Windows Explorer and shows the properties of the selected folder more user friendly for you
- Has options for customizing the folder panel to look more like the Windows XP version or to not fade the expand buttons
- Can show the free disk space and the total file size in the status bar
- Can disable the breadcrumbs in the address bar
- Fixes a long list of features that are broken in Windows 7 – missing icon overlay for shared folders, the jumping folders in the navigation pane, missing sorting headers in list view, and more.
If you are interested, gives us a call & we can make Windows 8 & 10 more user friendly for you. 573-374-6092.